Hot and Sticky Noodle Bowls with Chicken, Chiles and Green Beans
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken, white or dark meat
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed or Chinese long beans, cut into 3- to 4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil, plus more to reheat
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or sliced
- 2 red Fresno chiles or red long chiles, seeded and chopped or sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 inch ginger root, grated
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid amino
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound spaghetti or whole wheat or whole-grain spaghetti
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Thinly sliced scallions, whites and greens
Place the chicken in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm it up. When firm, thinly slice the chicken on an angle and reserve.
Bring a few inches of water to a boil and fill a medium bowl with ice water. Par cook the beans, 3 to 4 minutes, then shock in the ice water. Drain and pat the beans dry, and reserve for later use.
Heat half of the vegetable oil over high heat in large skillet. Pat the chicken dry and sprinkle with black pepper. Add the chicken to the hot pan and stir-fry until brown, then remove. Add the remaining vegetable oil, and heat it up. Then add the beans and stir-fry until they begin to brown. Add the garlic, chiles, onions and ginger, and stir-fry until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes more. Add the stock, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, Sriracha and sesame oil. Toss to combine, and then turn off heat. Cool and store for a make-ahead meal.
To serve, bring the chicken mixture to room temp for a few minutes and heat a pot of water to boil for the noodles. Salt the water and cook the pasta to al dente.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.