Indian Spiced Chickpea and Fire Roasted Tomato Soup
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2/3 palm ful
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Warm pita, any flavor or variety, toasted
Heat a medium pot with extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Grind the chickpeas and onion in food processor. Add to pot and cook 5 minutes to sweeten onion. Season the chickpeas with cumin, cardamom, turmeric, salt and pepper. Stir in stock, then tomatoes. Simmer soup 5 to 10 minutes to combine flavors. Serve with a dollop of yogurt and warm pita for dipping.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.