Italian Grilled Cheese
- 1 cup giardiniera (Italian hot vegetable salad), drained
- 1/4 cup salad olives (green olives with pimiento)
- 8 slices good quality crusty white bread, 1/2-inch thick slices
- 8 slices deli cut provolone cheese
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
Heat griddle to medium.
In a food processor pulse chop the salad and olives into a fine relish. Spread 4 slices of bread with relish and top each with 2 slices cheese and 4 more slices of bread. Butter the outside of the sammies with softened butter and grill until golden on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes total. Cut and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2008