- 1 loaf sesame semolina or crusty baguette, bakery sliced
- 1 (15 to 18-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional garnishes:
- Coarsely chopped green or black olives
- Chopped parsley and basil leaves
- Chopped roasted red peppers
- Chopped hot pickled vegetables - giardiniera
Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Toast bread 7 to 8 minutes.
Place the beans in food processor with tahini, garlic, rosemary, the juice of 1 lemon and some salt. Turn processor on and stream in a little olive oil, process until smooth, adjust salt and transfer to a small serving bowl, garnish with toppings if you wish (on its own it is still delish), surround the hummus with toasts for spreading.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray