- 1 loaf sesame semolina or crusty baguette, bakery sliced
- 1 (15 to 18-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional garnishes:
- Coarsely chopped green or black olives
- Chopped parsley and basil leaves
- Chopped roasted red peppers
- Chopped hot pickled vegetables - giardiniera
Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Toast bread 7 to 8 minutes.
Place the beans in food processor with tahini, garlic, rosemary, the juice of 1 lemon and some salt. Turn processor on and stream in a little olive oil, process until smooth, adjust salt and transfer to a small serving bowl, garnish with toppings if you wish (on its own it is still delish), surround the hummus with toasts for spreading.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2008