Lemon-Garlic Chick Pea Dip with Veggies and Chips
- f1 (15-ounce) can chick peas, drained
- 1 clove garlic, cracked from skin
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, stripped from stems
- Coarse salt and pepper
- A few drops hot sauce, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil eyeball it
- 4 ribs celery from the heart cut into dipping sticks, 4 inches long
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed and cut into sticks
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 sack reduced fat gourmet chips (recommended: Terra brand Garlic and Onion Yukon Gold flavor potato chips (50 percent less fat than regular chips))
Combine the chick peas, garlic, lemon zest and juice, thyme, salt and pepper and hot sauce in food processor. Turn processor on and stream in the extra-virgin olive oil. Transfer the dip t a dish and surround with veggies and chips. That'll keep the munching going on until dinner!
Thank you! your flag was submitted.