- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/2 pound capellini
- 1/2 cup shredded or torn basil leaves
- Grated cheese, to pass at table
Place water on to boil for pasta.
In a large skillet combine olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add garlic, pepper and the lemon zest.
Salt water when it boils then cook cappellini to al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Add a ladle of cooking water to lemon pepper butter and stir in the lemon juice. Drain pasta and toss with lemon-pepper butter and salt, to taste. Add the basil to the pasta and serve a small bundle alongside your entree or serve as a delicate first course.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2008