Mini Chicken Cigars with Sweet and Sour Mango Dipping Sauce
- Chicken Cigars:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning, half a palm full (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, a handful
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sweet and Sour Mango Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons sweet plum sauce or duck sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup light oil, such as peanut, canola, or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced mango
- Scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced on the bias, for serving
For the chicken cigars: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place chicken in a bowl and mix with spices and parsley. Place a piece of phyllo on a nonstick cookie sheet and brush with some of the melted butter. Repeat 3 more times, placing each piece of phyllo over the last buttered sheet to make 4 layers. Cut phyllo into 2-inch squares. On 1 corner of each of the squares, place about 1 1/2 teaspoons of chicken filling. Roll up tightly to make mini "cigars." Place "cigars" on a sheet pan and butter the tops of each. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Meanwhile, make the sweet and sour mango dipping sauce: Whisk together plum or duck sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Stream in oil and continue whisking to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in mango and sliced scallions.
Serve cigars with dipping sauce.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray