Mini Chicken Cigars with Sweet and Sour Mango Dipping Sauce
- Chicken Cigars:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning, half a palm full (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, a handful
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sweet and Sour Mango Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons sweet plum sauce or duck sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup light oil, such as peanut, canola, or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced mango
- Scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced on the bias, for serving
For the chicken cigars: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place chicken in a bowl and mix with spices and parsley. Place a piece of phyllo on a nonstick cookie sheet and brush with some of the melted butter. Repeat 3 more times, placing each piece of phyllo over the last buttered sheet to make 4 layers. Cut phyllo into 2-inch squares. On 1 corner of each of the squares, place about 1 1/2 teaspoons of chicken filling. Roll up tightly to make mini "cigars." Place "cigars" on a sheet pan and butter the tops of each. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Meanwhile, make the sweet and sour mango dipping sauce: Whisk together plum or duck sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Stream in oil and continue whisking to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in mango and sliced scallions.
Serve cigars with dipping sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello