Miss Leslie's Ham Salad on Biscuits
One great perk that comes along with working in and around food is that you are often surrounded by others who love to cook and eat as much[ as you do. Serious recipe swapping and swiping occurs as a result. Now, I don't know if Leslie makes anything of mine at home, but this recipe for her ham salad that she passed on to me one day at work is gonna be made in my kitchen, frequently!]
- 2 tubes, 6 pieces each, large bake-off biscuits (recommended: Pillsbury brand, from dairy aisle of market)
- 1 pound cooked ham from the deli, 1/4-inch thick slices, diced
- 3 ribs celery, from the heart, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup salad olives with pimento, drained, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley - a couple of handfuls of leaves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, just enough to bind salad
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- Salt and black pepper
Prepare bake-off biscuits to package directions, 8 to 10 minutes in the oven. Cool biscuits on wire rack.
Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl and adjust seasonings, to taste.
Split cool biscuits and fill with Leslie's DEEELICIOUS ham salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Honey Glazed Ham on Sweet Potato Biscuits with Blackberry-Balsamic Drizzle, Country Ham Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Balsamic-Molasses Vinaigrette, Chef Dave's Seared Ham Steak Salad with Bibb Lettuce, Warm Sweet Potato-Bourbon Dressing and Candied Pecans, Celery, Roast Beef Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Prime Rib Recipes