Miss Rachael's Muffuletta
- 1/2 cup hot pepper salad or giardiniera, Italian hot pickled vegetables ( cauliflower, carrots, olives, celery and peppers) found in bulk bins near specialty olives or in jars on Italian foods aisle
- 1/2 cup pitted Sicilian green olives or other good quality large pitted green olives
- A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, a couple of sprigs or, 1 teaspoon dried, 1/3 palm full
- 1 large round loaf crusty bread, 10 to 12 inches
- 1/4 pound sliced Genoa salami or sweet sopressata
- 1/4 pound sliced capacola spicy ham
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone
Chop pepper salad or giardiniera in a food processor with olives. Split bread and drizzle bread with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Spread the olive salad on the bottom of the bread very liberally. Pile the meats on top of the olive salad, then layer cheese over meat and cover the giant sandwich with the bread top. Press down to set the sandwich, then cut into 4 wedges.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.