Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces, 1/4 cup, chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 really ripe bananas, mashed up
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 stick butter, 1/4 cup, melted, plus additional for buttering skillet
- Maple syrup or honey, for drizzling
Here's a great tip: if you cannot find really ripe bananas, just nuke them in the microwave for about 15 seconds and they will become super soft for mashing.
Mix dry ingredients, the first 7, in a bowl. In a another bowl, mix the wet ingredients, the next 4. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined, then fold in the mashed up bananas and the raisins. Stir in the melted butter.
Heat a griddle over medium heat and brush with additional melted butter. Cook pancakes, each about 1/3 cup, until bubbles form on the top, then turn. Cakes will cook in about 2 minutes on each side. Keep pancakes tented with foil as they come off the griddle to keep them hot. Serve with drizzled honey or maple syrup over the top.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray