Olive-Parsley Pesto Spread with Shrimp and Celery
- 3 ounces (1/4 cup) pine nuts
- 3/4 cup jumbo green olives with pimientos, about 16 large olives
- 1 clove garlic, slightly crushed and peeled
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, about 3 generous handfuls
- 1 lemon, zested and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano, a couple of handfuls
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound (24-count) cooked shrimp
- 1/2 pound store bought celery sticks
Place pine nuts in a small skillet and toast over medium heat. Cool nuts and add to food processor. Add olives, garlic, parsley, lemon zest and juice, and cheese and process until finely chopped. Turn processor on and stream in extra-virgin olive oil. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and place in a small dish. Surround with shrimp and celery sticks and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.