Orzo with Chick Peas
- 1/2 pound orzo
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small to medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can chick peas, drained
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook to al dente.
Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet, add zucchini, onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook 6 to 7 minutes until tender, add chick peas and heat through. Toss with herbs, orzo and cheese, adjust salt and pepper and serve.