- 8 slices crusty Italian semolina bread
- 1 pound fresh or fresh smoked mozzarella, sliced
- 1 (8 to 10-ounce) container roasted peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons green salad olives, sliced with pimientos
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
Make 4 sandwiches with the bread, cheese, roasted pepper, and a sprinkling of sliced olives; keep your ingredients in single layers.
Heat a nonstick griddle pan over medium heat.
Wrap a brick completely in foil.
Brush sandwiches on both sides with oil. Place sandwiches on grill and top with the foil wrapped bricks. Use one brick per 2 sandwiches to weight down. Grill weighted sandwiches 3 minutes on each side. Split sandwiches corner to corner and serve.