Paprika-Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
- 2 tablespoons smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, if desired
- 1 quart safflower, canola or sunflower oil for frying
- 1 lemon
Combine the smoked paprika, granulated garlic and onion, and poultry seasoning in a small bowl. Season the tenders with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 the spices to the buttermilk in a shallow dish. Combine the remaining spices with the flour and poppy seeds, in a second dish.
Heat the oil in a heavy pot over medium to medium-high heat, about 350 degrees F.
Using tongs dip chicken in the buttermilk, then the flour and repeat. Add the breaded tenders to the hot oil; do not crowd the pan. Cook the fingers in batches to a deep golden color, about 8 minutes per batch. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Serve warm or at room temperature with wedges of lemon to squeeze on top.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee