Pecan Pie with Chocolate-Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 shot orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier) (buy a tiny bottle, a nip, if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, eyeball it in your palm
- 2 pinches chili powder or ground cayenne
- 1 (3-ounce) baking bar semisweet chocolate, chopped (recommended: Ghirardelli brand)
- 2 store bought pecan pies, serve warm or chilled, as you like
Whip cream, liqueur, cinnamon and chili powder together until stiff peaks form. Melt chocolate in a medium bowl in microwave until smooth, check on it every 10 seconds over 45 seconds, cooking on high. Cool to the touch. Stir 1/4 of the whipped cream into the chocolate until totally combined then fold in the rest of the whipped cream in small batches. Cut pie, top with cream and serve immediately.