Pecan Pie with Chocolate-Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 shot orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier) (buy a tiny bottle, a nip, if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, eyeball it in your palm
- 2 pinches chili powder or ground cayenne
- 1 (3-ounce) baking bar semisweet chocolate, chopped (recommended: Ghirardelli brand)
- 2 store bought pecan pies, serve warm or chilled, as you like
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Whip cream, liqueur, cinnamon and chili powder together until stiff peaks form. Melt chocolate in a medium bowl in microwave until smooth, check on it every 10 seconds over 45 seconds, cooking on high. Cool to the touch. Stir 1/4 of the whipped cream into the chocolate until totally combined then fold in the rest of the whipped cream in small batches. Cut pie, top with cream and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray