- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed away from skin
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise, 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise, 1/2-inch strips
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, a couple of handfuls
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, crushed garlic and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until just tender, 6 or 7 minutes. Sprinkle in cheese and remove from heat. Transfer peppers to a platter. Garnish with chopped parsley. Cover with foil to keep warm until ready to serve.