- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup stuffed pimento olives, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- Rice and beans, or tortillas, for serving
In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions, garlic, and pepper in olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ground beef and olives and continue stirring to break up and brown the meat. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. When beef has browned, add tomato sauce gradually while stirring. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer to incorporate sauce.
Serve with rice and beans or tortillas.
Cook's Note: For a slightly healthier alternative, use ground turkey or ground soy burgers instead of beef.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Daisy Fuentes