This recipe for an onion, anchovy and olive dip served with toasted pita wedges is a knockoff of a French classic, Pissaladiere, a Nicoise-style caramelized onion tart.
- 2 large, sweet onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme or poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tin flat fillets anchovies, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted black olives -- your favorite variety
- 10 ounces garlic and herb cheese (recommended: Boursin), 2 (5-ounce) containers
- Chopped fresh chopped chives, for garnish
- 2 bags store bought pita chips, available on snack aisle, any brand or flavor
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.