- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, a handful
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper
Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan in a slow stream. Add garlic, shallots, zucchini and carrots. Saute 5 minutes. Add curry, chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add orzo and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally until pasta absorbs the liquid and is al dente in texture, 10 minutes. Uncover and stir in cheese, parsley and peas. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.