Rachael's Chimichurri Chicken Bites
This recipe is my take on chimichurri, oil, vinegar, onions and garlic, herbs and spices that serves as both a marinade and a dipping sauce[.]
- 1 rounded tablespoon sweet paprika
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, a couple of handfuls
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 3 splashes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds chicken tenders
Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
In a food processor combine paprika, parsley, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, onion, garlic and cayenne. Finely chop the mixture by pulsing.
Heat oil in a small pan over medium low heat. When oil is warm, stir herb and garlic mixture into oil and heat 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from heat. The oil will become infused with the flavor of the herbs and garlic. Transfer to a bowl and stir in vinegar and salt. Taste to adjust seasonings.
Cut chicken tenders into thirds and place in a shallow dish. Wash hands.
Spoon half of your chimichurri over the chicken and coat completely and evenly. Using tongs, transfer the bites to the hot grill and cook 2 or 3 minutes on each side. Transfer bites to a serving plate. Serve with party picks and reserved chimichurri sauce for dipping.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.