The dressing for this salad dressing combines a favorite flavor combo of mine, orange and oregano. The pasta is tossed with the sweet-tangy[ dressing, bitter red greens and onions. It may not be for everyone but it's definitely a favorite of mine.]
- 1/2 pound orecchiette, cooked to al dente
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped oregano leaves, from 2 sprigs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 head radicchio
Bring water to a boil, salt it and cook pasta to al dente.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the orange marmalade, garlic, oregano, mustard and vinegar. Stream the olive oil into dressing while whisking and season dressing with salt and pepper. Pull off 8 of the outer leaves of radicchio. Form serving cups for the pasta salad out of the leaves using 2 leaves to form each bowl. Chop remaining radicchio. Toss radicchio and pasta and onions with the dressing to combine. Serve pasta in lettuce bowls.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee