The dressing for this salad dressing combines a favorite flavor combo of mine, orange and oregano. The pasta is tossed with the sweet-tangy[ dressing, bitter red greens and onions. It may not be for everyone but it's definitely a favorite of mine.]
- 1/2 pound orecchiette, cooked to al dente
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped oregano leaves, from 2 sprigs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 head radicchio
Bring water to a boil, salt it and cook pasta to al dente.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the orange marmalade, garlic, oregano, mustard and vinegar. Stream the olive oil into dressing while whisking and season dressing with salt and pepper. Pull off 8 of the outer leaves of radicchio. Form serving cups for the pasta salad out of the leaves using 2 leaves to form each bowl. Chop remaining radicchio. Toss radicchio and pasta and onions with the dressing to combine. Serve pasta in lettuce bowls.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray, 2008