Roasted Stone Fruit with Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 plums, cut in 1/2 and pitted
- 2 peaches, cut in 1/2 and pitted
- 2 apricots or nectarines, cut in 1/2 and pitted
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, look for a little age and good quality
- 1 pint French vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the fruit in a small baking dish and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, season with a little salt and pepper and transfer to the oven. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes depending on how ripe your fruit is. Remove from the oven and divide between 4 dessert bowls, drizzle with any of the balsamic vinegar that is in the baking dish. Top each bowl with a scoop of ice cream.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2007