Rosemary Chicken Breasts, Brown Butter and Balsamic Ravioli, Warm Spinach Salad with Pancetta and Sweet Vinaigrette
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, eyeball it, just enough to coat chicken lightly
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 stems rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped, about 2 tablespoons
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, cracked away from skin with a whack against the flat of your knife
- 1 package, 12 to 16 ounces, fresh ravioli, any flavor filling
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 handfuls grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls
- Spinach Salad:
- 6 slices pancetta, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, eyeball it
- 1 bunch, about 10 ounces flat-leaf spinach
- Salt and pepper
Coat chicken in balsamic vinegar, then olive oil. Season chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper and let stand 10 minutes.
Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and cracked garlic to the pan. Cook chicken 12 minutes, or until juices run clear, turning occasionally. The balsamic vinegar will produce a deep brown, sweet finish on the chicken as it cooks.
When the chicken is 2 or 3 minutes away from done, heat a second skillet over medium low to medium heat. To the second skillet, add butter to the pan and let it begin to brown.
Remove chicken from the first skillet and transfer to a warm platter. In a skillet over medium high heat and add the pancetta. Brown the pancetta bits, about 2 or 3 minutes, then transfer to paper towels to drain and return pan to heat, reducing heat to medium. Add oil and shallots to the pan and let the shallots saute 2 minutes.
When the butter for the ravioli has browned, add cooked ravioli to the pan and turn in butter to heat through. Add balsamic vinegar to the ravioli and cook a minute or 2 longer to reduce the vinegar and glaze the ravioli. The vinegar will become thick and syrup like. Add cheese, parsley, salt and pepper to the pasta and remove the pan from the heat.
To the sauteed shallots for the spinach salad, add sugar and cook sugar with shallots 1 minute. Add vinegar to the pan, scraping up pan drippings. Add spinach to the dressing and turn to wilt and coat it evenly in sweet vinaigrette. Add crisp pancetta to the salad.
Serve chicken along side ravioli and spinach salad, all on the same dinner plate.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Balsamic Chicken Cutlet over Spinach Salad with Mushrooms, Bacon and Warm Shallot Dressing, Warm Chopped Chicken Picatta Spinach Salad, Ricotta, Spinach, and Ham Stuffed Chicken Breast Marsala with Pine Nut Pilaf, Cucumber, Thai Chicken Recipes, Brussels Sprout, Chicken Chili Recipes, Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes