- 1 (15 ounce) can chick peas, drained, rinsed and dried
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped or 5 to 6 cups chopped bagged lettuce
- 1/2 cup Spanish green olives with pimiento, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and pepper
Place chick peas in a small skillet and cook over medium heat until toasty, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a plate.
Place lettuce in bowl and top with chick peas. Place olives in food processor with vinegar. Turn processor on and stream in extra-virgin olive oil. Dress salad and season with salt and pepper, to taste.