Salmon Burgers with Caesar Slaw
- 1 (14-ounce) can Alaskan salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs, 3 generous handfuls
- Salt and pepper
- 4 anchovies, finely chopped, optional
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Couple handfuls grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 head radicchio, shredded
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
To flaked salmon, add egg whites, parsley, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, 2/3 of the total amount of chopped garlic, the bread crumbs and lots of black pepper and a little salt. Mix together and form 4 large patties or 8 mini patties.
To a salad bowl add the remaining zest and lemon juice, remaining garlic, chopped anchovies, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire. Whisk in about 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil and cheese. Add lots of black pepper, no salt. Add shredded lettuces to the bowl and toss to coat evenly. Now, season the slaw with salt to taste, if necessary.
Preheat 2 tablespoons, of extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, in a nonstick skillet over medium to medium high heat. Cook salmon patties 2 to 3 minutes on each side for mini patties, 4 minutes on each side for large patties.
Serve salmon patties atop Caesar Slaw.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay