Sambuca Cake With Strawberries, Whipped Cream and Shaved Chocolate
- 1 prepared pound cake, from bakery section or frozen foods, defrosted
- 3 ounces sambuca, or other anise liqueur
- 1/2 pint strawberries, halved or sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 pint whipping cream
- Chocolate syrup, for drizzling
- 1 bar good quality dark bittersweet chocolate
Place 2-inch-thick slices of pound cake on dessert plates. Douse cake slices with sambuca or other anise liqueur.
Slice berries and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar, then toss and reserve.
Beat whipping cream with 2 tablespoons sugar with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.