- 1 small Idaho potato, peeled
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped, about 1/3 cup
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- A few sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme, 1/3 palm full
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
Grate the potato onto a cutting board, salt it, then transfer to a paper towel lined bowl or plate to drain.
Place potato, onion, pork, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper in the food processor and pulse grind to form a sausage mixture. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat with extra-virgin olive oil. When oil is hot, form 8 potato-sausage patties 3 inches wide, 1/2-inch thick, and set into skillet. Cook patties 6 to 7 minutes on each side until they are deeply golden brown in color.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray