Sauteed Pork Chops with Sherry-Berry Pan Gravy, Rhubarb Chutney
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, a wedge
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 stalks rhubarb, trimmed and chopped, about 1/2 pound yield
- Handful golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 4 (8-ounce) boneless, center cut pork loin chops
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons strawberry, blackberry or raspberry all-fruit preserves (recommended: Polaner)
In a medium skillet over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add sugar, lemon juice, vinegar and bring to a bubble. Add rhubarb and raisins and cook 10 to 12 minutes until rhubarb is tender. Turn off the heat and set aside until the pork chops are done.
Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. When the oil smokes or ripples, add chops, season with salt and pepper and cook 6 minutes on each side. Remove the chops and keep warm under foil tent while the meat rests. Add remaining butter to pan, when it melts add the flour and cook a minute then whisk in sherry and reduce 30 seconds then whisk in stock then preserves. Season the gravy with a little black pepper. Serve chops with gravy ladled over top and rhubarb chutney along side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Apple and Onion-Stuffed Pork Chops with Orange-Pineapple Gravy, Pork Chops with Apples and Pancetta, Deep Fried Pork Chops with Sweet and Spicy Red Pepper Jelly, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Easy Shrimp