Sea Shells Salad
- 1/2 pound medium-size shell shape pasta, cooked to al dente, cold shocked, well drained
- 2 scallions, chopped, both whites and greens
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into fine dice
- 1/3 cup tiny frozen green peas, a generous handful
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh tarragon, chopped to about 2 tablespoons
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Romaine or leaf lettuce, for lining plate under salad
Pile salad ingredients in a mixing bowl as you prepare them. Combine salad ingredients, taste, and adjust seasonings. Serve salad on bed of lettuce leaves.
Yield: Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 8 to 10 minutes for pasta Ease of preparation: moderate
Thank you! your flag was submitted.