Seafood Skewers on a Bed of Chile-Garlic Spinach
- Twelve 12 to 16 count shrimp, deveined
- Twelve 2-inch cubes sustainable firm white fish, such as halibut
- 8 large sea scallops, tough muscle removed
- 3 tablespoons EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chile pepper (cherry, long red or Fresno), seeded and finely chopped
- 2 pounds spinach from the farmer's market (about 4 bunches), stemmed
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 lemons, halved
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and heat the broiler.
Thread the shrimp, fish and scallops onto 4 metal skewers, alternating them. Drizzle with EVOO to coat and sprinkle with a little sea salt and pepper. Broil, turning occasionally, until firm and opaque, 7 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons EVOO in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add the garlic and chile pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, a few handfuls at a time, and cook until wilted. Season with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Halibut Steaks on a Bed of Arugula with Tomato Salad and Gremolata, Beef Tenderloin Bites on a Bed of Arugula, Thai Green Chile Stir Fry on Bed of Shredded Lettuce, Shrimp Creole Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Coconut Shrimp Recipes, Shrimp Cocktail Recipes, Spicy Shrimp Recipes, Shrimp Scampi Recipes