Seafood Skewers on a Bed of Chile-Garlic Spinach
- Twelve 12 to 16 count shrimp, deveined
- Twelve 2-inch cubes sustainable firm white fish, such as halibut
- 8 large sea scallops, tough muscle removed
- 3 tablespoons EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chile pepper (cherry, long red or Fresno), seeded and finely chopped
- 2 pounds spinach from the farmer's market (about 4 bunches), stemmed
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 lemons, halved
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and heat the broiler.
Thread the shrimp, fish and scallops onto 4 metal skewers, alternating them. Drizzle with EVOO to coat and sprinkle with a little sea salt and pepper. Broil, turning occasionally, until firm and opaque, 7 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons EVOO in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add the garlic and chile pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, a few handfuls at a time, and cook until wilted. Season with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Rosemary Skewers of Shiitake Mushroom, Broccoli and Garlic Cloves, Seafood Appetizer in the Style of Venezia: Misto di Mare alla Veneziana, Breast of Chicken on Pumpkin/Cranberry Rissole with White Chocolate Balsamic Sauce and Asparagus, Shrimp Salad Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Coconut Shrimp Recipes, Shrimp Scampi Recipes, Shrimp Creole Recipes, Spicy Shrimp Recipes