Sicilian Chunk Vegetable Salad
- 1/4 to 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 European or English "seedless" cucumber, diced
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 8 hot peppers, small cherry peppers or peperoncini peppers
- 1 small jar, 6 to 8 ounces, marinated mushrooms, drained
- 1 tin flat anchovies, drained and chopped
- 12 large green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, eyeball it
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and coarse black pepper
Steam green beans over pasta water if preparing the above recipe, or simmer beans in 1-inch of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain green beans, run under cold water to cool off and chop them into thirds. Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss. Dress salad with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.