Sliced Steaks with Sweet and Spicy Salad on Top
- 4 flat iron steaks
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 1/3 to 1/2 cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 large heart romaine, chopped
- 1 bundle arugula, chopped
Let the steaks sit at room temperature, to take the chill off, while you heat a grill pan to high. When the pan is very hot, drizzle the steaks with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook the steaks 3 to 4 minutes on each side for pink centers, a couple minutes longer for medium well. Remove the steaks to a cutting board and let rest about 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, in a salad bowl combine the garlic, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire and vinegar. Whisk in 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the greens and toss. Slice the steaks, arrange on serving plates and top with the salad.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray