This makes a wonderful 10 minutes or less party offering or appetizer, as well as a light entree on summer nights. Complement it with a simple mixed green salad for supper.
- 1 (12-inch) prepared thin crust pizza shell, recommended: Boboli brand
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill leaves, chopped or snipped
- 1/3 pound Nova Scotia smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Crisp pizza crust 5 minutes on perforated pizza pan or on oven rack.
Remove pizza shell from oven and let stand until cool to the touch. You have a pocket of time here to work on other recipes.
On cool, crisp pizza shell, spread the sour cream-dill sauce in an even layer. Evenly distribute sliced smoked salmon, working all the way to the edges.
To serve, cut pizza in 1/2. Cut each 1/2 in 1/2 again, 4 cuts across. Turn the pan a 1/4 turn and slice into quarters, making 16 cuts.