Smoked Trout Canapes with Creme-Fraiche and Herb Sauce for Two
- Creme Fraiche and Herb Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill, plus some fronds, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 squares mini-pumpernickel bread
- 4 ounces smoked trout, bones removed
For the sauce: In a small bowl combine the creme fraiche, herbs, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper.
Assemble the canapes: Dab a teaspoon or of creme fraiche sauce on 1 side of the pumpernickel slices. Place 1 or 2 large flakes or chunks of trout on each, and top with a small dollop of crème fraiche sauce. Garnish each canape with a frond of dill, and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoked Trout Salad with Grilled Fingerlings Potatoes and Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette, Smoked Trout, Vodka Creme Fraiche and Crispy Potatoes, Smoked Salmon Canape with Green Olive Grapefruit Tapenade, Cod Recipes, Catfish Recipes, Swordfish Recipes, Baked Fish Recipes, Anchovy, Salmon Recipes