Smoked Trout Canapes with Creme-Fraiche and Herb Sauce for Two
- Creme Fraiche and Herb Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill, plus some fronds, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 squares mini-pumpernickel bread
- 4 ounces smoked trout, bones removed
For the sauce: In a small bowl combine the creme fraiche, herbs, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper.
Assemble the canapes: Dab a teaspoon or of creme fraiche sauce on 1 side of the pumpernickel slices. Place 1 or 2 large flakes or chunks of trout on each, and top with a small dollop of crème fraiche sauce. Garnish each canape with a frond of dill, and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoked Salmon Canape with Green Olive Grapefruit Tapenade, Trout Amandine, Steamed Asparagus, and New Potatoes, Warm Salad of Grilled Trout with Spinach and Lentils, Swordfish Recipes, Anchovy, Baked Salmon Recipes, Baked Tilapia Recipes, Salmon Recipes, Smoked Salmon Recipes