- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 1/3 cup
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and dried
- Few healthy pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 hearts romaine, chopped
- 1 rounded teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, eyeball it
Heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Add a drizzle of EVOO and the bacon. Crisp the bacon then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Add dried chickpeas and reduce heat to medium. Cook until toasted and lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Season chickpeas with salt and crushed pepper flakes and cool.
Place greens in a salad bowl. Whisk together the mustard, vinegar and about 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Add bacon and chickpeas to the salad and toss to coat evenly.