- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup beer
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 soft shell crabs, cleaned
- 4 sandwich buns, toasted
- Tartar Sauce, for serving, recipe follows
- Sliced tomato, for serving
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
Heat about 3 inches of oil in a saucepan to about 400 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix eggs, milk and beer until creamy. Put flour in a separate bowl. Dip soft shell crabs into wet batter and then dip into flour. Drop battered crab into hot oil. Fry crab for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve on buns, with tartar sauce, tomato and lettuce.
- 8 ounces mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish, drained
- 1 cup sweet pickles, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
Mix mayonnaise, horseradish, pickles, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Add lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: about 3 cups
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.