Spaghetti alla Pescatora
- 20 clams, cleaned
- 20 mussels, de-bearded and cleaned
- 40 small rings of calamari, cleaned
- 16 tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Pinot Grigio wine
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (1-pound) box dried spaghetti
Wash all seafood well and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute lightly, about 30 seconds. Add clams, mussels, and 4 teaspoons parsley and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add calamari, shrimp, salt, and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine, stir, and then let some of the liquid evaporate for 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce and remainder of parsley and stir well.
While sauce is cooking, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain pasta and add to pan with sauce. Toss well and serve immediately.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.