Spaghetti alla Pescatora
- 20 clams, cleaned
- 20 mussels, de-bearded and cleaned
- 40 small rings of calamari, cleaned
- 16 tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Pinot Grigio wine
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (1-pound) box dried spaghetti
Wash all seafood well and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute lightly, about 30 seconds. Add clams, mussels, and 4 teaspoons parsley and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add calamari, shrimp, salt, and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine, stir, and then let some of the liquid evaporate for 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce and remainder of parsley and stir well.
While sauce is cooking, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain pasta and add to pan with sauce. Toss well and serve immediately.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Steps of Rome