Spinach Salad with Slumped Mushrooms
- 6 to 8 very large white mushroom caps, very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel or a sprinkle of fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 bundles farm spinach, trimmed and washed
Combine the mushrooms and onions in a bowl and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper, to taste, the fennel and the red pepper flakes. Let stand until softened and slumped, about 20 minutes. Chop the spinach and arrange in large shallow bowl, top with the mushrooms and onion mixture and gently toss to wilt spinach.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Black-Eyed Pea and Spinach Salad, Warm Spinach Salad with Eggs and Bacon, Spinach Salad with Andouille Dressing and Three Nut Crusted Goat Cheese, Salmon Salad Recipes, Crab Salad Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Spanish Rice Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes