Stuffed Cherry Peppers
- Hot Stuffed Cherry Peppers:
- 8 (1/2-inch) cubes pepperoncino, crushed red pepper Italian table cheese, available in specialty cheese case, Asiago or pepato may be substituted
- 4 slices cappicola (hot Italian ham) cut in half
- 8 hot cherry peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- Sweet Stuffed Cherry Peppers:
- 2 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- 3 ounces herb and garlic spreadable cheese or goat cheese
- 1 rib celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 sweet peppers, tops removed and seeded
For hot peppers: Wrap cheese cubes in half of one slice of hot ham. Stuff ham wrapped cheese cubes inside the cherry peppers and reset caps with a toothpick.
For sweet cherry peppers: Spread each slice of prosciutto with a thin layer of herb and garlic cheese. Cut each slice of ham in four pieces, then wrap a piece of celery inside each strip of ham. Stuff the meat and cheese wrapped celery into each cherry pepper.