Sweet Relish Slaw Salad
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar, eyeball it
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, eyeball it
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves, dried
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 pound shredded cabbage salad (slaw salad mix with carrots and red cabbage, available in produce department marked "Cole Slaw Mix" in 1 pound packages)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, sliced
In the bottom of a medium, shallow bowl combine relish, vinegar, oil, garlic, bay and cloves. Let stand 5 minutes then fish out the garlic, bay and cloves. Add cabbage salad and toss, let stand 10 to 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Season salad with salt and pepper and toss in the scallions then serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.