Swiss and Bacon Dip
- 8 slices center cut bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 rounded teaspoons prepared Dijon style mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, available on dairy aisle
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- Baby carrots and a selection of spiced flat breads, cocktail sized pumpernickel or rye breads, or sliced whole grain baguettes, for dipping
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Brown bacon in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Drain crisp bacon bits on paper towels.
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon, Swiss and scallions with cooked bacon. Transfer to a shallow small casserole or baking dish and bake until golden and bubbly at edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Top with chopped smoked almonds. Place dip on a platter and surround warm casserole with breads and carrots for dipping.
Variation: Swiss and Bacon Dip with Horseradish - Stir in 2 rounded teaspoons prepared horseradish when combining cheese and bacon.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman