Thai Chicken Pizza
- 1 pizza dough, any brand
- 1/2 cup duck sauce or plum sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (2 cups) shredded provolone or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 rounded tablespoonful peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning) eyeball it
- 4 chicken breast cutlets, 1/2 pound
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup bean spouts, a couple of handfuls
- Palm full cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, 2 ounces
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Form pizza crust on pizza pan or cookie sheet. Top with duck or plum sauce - spread it around like you would pizza sauce. Sprinkle the pizza with some crushed red pepper flakes then top with cheese and peppers. Bake until golden and bubbly, 15 to 17 minutes.
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine vegetable oil, soy sauce and peanut butter with hot sauce and grill seasoning. Use the microwave to loosen up peanut butter if it is too cold to blend into sauce, 10 seconds ought to do it. Add chicken and coat evenly with mixture. Let stand 10 minutes then grill chicken cutlets 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until firm. Slice chicken into very thin strips.
While chicken cooks, mix honey and vinegar and add the cucumber. Turn to coat evenly.
Top the hot, cooked pizza with chicken, scallions, sprouts and cilantro. Drain cucumbers and scatter over the pizza. Garnish pizza with peanuts, cut into 8 wedges and serve.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray