Toasted Hazelnut and Shredded Carrot Salad
- 1/2 cup peeled hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, eyeball it
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shredded carrots
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup currants or black raisins
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, a couple of handfuls
Place a small skillet over medium heat, add the chopped hazelnuts and toast until golden, stirring and flipping them about for about 5 minutes. While the nuts are toasting, juice the lemon into a salad bowl and add the mustard and some salt and pepper. Whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil in a slow steady stream. Add the shredded carrots, red onion, currants and parsley. Toss to coat in the dressing and sprinkle with the toasted hazelnuts.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.