Tomato and Spinach Soup
- 2 tablespoons evoo, extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice, drained
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, 28 ounces
- 2 cups good quality vegetable stock, available on soup aisle
- 1/2 ten-ounce sack triple washed spinach, stems removed and spinach shredded with knife
- Salt and pepper to your taste
Heat a medium soup pot over moderate heat. Add oil, shallots and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes. Add drained tomatoes and crushed tomatoes, stir. Add stock and stir to combine soup. Stir in spinach in handfuls to wilt it and combine with soup. Season soup with salt and pepper to your taste. Bring soup to a bubble, reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes to reduce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.