- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened in microwave on defrost for 1 minute
- 10 coconut cookies or coconut macaroons, from bulk cookie bins or shelf packaged
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped, plus 6 whole, for garnish
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce, for topping
- 1 package, 2 ounces, chopped salted nut topping, available on baking aisle
Combine softened vanilla ice cream with crumbled macaroons, chopped maraschino cherries and mini semisweet chocolate chips. Spoon mixture into a small, glass, mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve dessert.
To form sundaes, scoop tortoni ice cream mixture into ice cream bowls. Drizzle with chocolate syrup or warmed hot fudge, top with remaining whole maraschino cherries and nut topping.