- 2 pints vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, eyeball it
- 1/2 cup water, eyeball it
- 10 dried Mission figs or 20 baby Mission figs, chopped
- 1 canister prepared real whipped cream from dairy aisle of market
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to garnish
Place ice cream on counter to soften. In a small pot, combine vinegar and water and bring to a boil. Add figs and reduce heat to simmer. Stew figs in sauce until they are soft and sauce is thick and syrupy, about 12 minutes.
Scoop ice cream into glass goblets or other dessert dishes and top liberally with hot balsamic fig sauce and whipped cream. Garnish the top of the whipped cream with a little freshly grated nutmeg.