- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 pound pancetta, cut into small pieces, available at deli counter
- 50 littleneck clams, cleaned
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls
Heat a big pot with tight fitting lid over medium high heat. Add oil, garlic and pancetta and brown pancetta for 3 minutes. Add clams to the pot and 1 cup of wine. Cover and let the clams steam until they open, 5 to 10 minutes. Discard any unopened shells. Transfer clams in juices and wine to a serving platter and top liberally with parsley, serve.