Warm Endive Salad
- 4 endives, trimmed and halved lengthwise, each half then split and fanned a bit
- Walnut, grape seed, or extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing greens
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts, available in small pouches on baking aisle
- 12 large seedless red grapes, halved
Preheat grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
Brush endive on both sides with oil, season with salt and pepper then grill until dark around edges and endives are tender; about 3 minutes on each side. Arrange grilled endives on platter. Sprinkle the endive with white wine vinegar. Keep a finger over the top of bottle to control the flow if the bottle does not have a jigger top. Arrange walnut bits and grapes around the platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller