- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and then thinly sliced
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 4 springs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven 425 degrees F
Place a large skillet on the cook top with the extra-virgin olive oil and the sliced garlic, spread out the garlic so it is in an even layer in the oil. Place the skillet over medium heat and slowly brown the garlic stirring every now and then until golden all over, 4 to 5 minutes.
Once you have the garlic going, place the tomatoes on a cookie sheet and drizzle with some extra-virgin olive oil and season with some salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until the tomatoes start to burst.
Once the garlic is brown remove it from the skillet and reserve. Turn the heat up under the skillet to high, once you see the oil ripple add the mushrooms and spread them out in an even layer. Let them cook for about 4 minutes without moving.. Go ahead and give them a stir, add the thyme sprigs and season with some freshly ground black pepper, continue to cook for another 5 minutes stirring every now and then. Add the white wine and cook until it has almost completely evaporated, add some salt and stir to combine.
Remove the stems of thyme and discard. Transfer the mushrooms to a serving platter, add the roasted tomatoes and the parsley and stir to combine. Sprinkle with the garlic chips and serve hot, warm, room temperature.